The Mega Millions lottery result on January 31, 2020, has found four lucky people becoming millionaires. However, no ticket matched all six numbers drawn Friday night.
The white balls 28 · 31 · 33 · 57 · 62
The gold Mega Ball 19
As a result, Friday’s jackpot is estimated at $155 million ($109.6 million cash).One ticket was sold in California to win $2,168,310. In addition, two players (New Jersey, North Carolina) won$1,000,000 each, and another (Texas) got $2,000,000 with Megaplier 2X. Eleven tickets matched four white balls plus the Mega Ball for the game’s $10,000 third prizes. One ticket worth $20,000 because it included the optional Megaplier.
Provided below are the rules for how foreigners can play Mega Millions:
- Tickets for Mega Millions are for sale by lottery retailers in 43 US States, in the District of Colombia and in the U.S Virgin Islands.
- To obtain tickets outside of these jurisdictions, foreigners can use online lottery operators, to locally purchase an official lottery ticket on their behalf.
- All reputable retailers will require you to register and provide billing information before purchasing tickets on your behalf.
- Once the tickets have been bought, the online retailer will make scans of both the official ticket and the receipt.
- To avoid online scams be sure that the site you are using is legitimate. For a comparison of three online retailers already reviewed by InternationalLottery.org read here.
- After the draw, the winning numbers are published online. Retailers will generally only contact you if you have won.
- You can then choose to either have the winning ticket sent to you or to authorize the retailer to collect the winnings on your behalf.
- If you elect to do the latter, you will then be prompted to verify your identity for security and tax reasons.
- If you win a significant amount or even perhaps the jackpot, it is likely that you will have to personally claim your prize at the local Mega Millions office.
- At this time the agent may assist you in making the necessary legal arrangements to collect your prize.
Can Foreigners Win Mega Millions?
- Yes, foreign citizens can legally win Mega Millions.
- The tax for a non-US citizen is a flat 30% of the winnings.
- Additional tax treaties may also apply depending on your citizenship.
Please read HOW TO PLAY US MEGA MILLIONS FROM OUTSIDE THE US to be introduced step by step and avoid risks when you buy lotto tickets online.
Do you know ?
You can just stay at home and buy world top lottery tickets (like PowerBall, MegaMillion, EuroMillions, Australia Saturday lotto,..) online easily and quickly from top lotto messenger services. Go to How to buy international lottery tickets for more information.