Mega Millions jackpot is now up to $900 million for Friday’s drawing
Mega Millions suddenly surged from $ 868 million to $ 900 million (Cash Option: $513 million) in just one night thanks to strong sales.
Lottery officials raised the estimated prize Wednesday, less than a day after another drawing without a winner increased the prize to $868 million.
Officials say no tickets matched all six numbers to claim the Mega Millions prize Tuesday night. The numbers were 3, 45, 49, 61, 69 and Mega Ball 9.
The next drawing will be Friday. The estimated jackpot for that drawing would be the second-largest lottery prize in U.S. history.
The largest lottery jackpot was a $1.6 billion Powerball prize won in January 2016.
The jackpot has grown so big because the last Mega Millions winner was drawn on July 24, when a California office pool of 11 coworkers shared $543 million — the largest prize ever won on a single ticket in the game.
The Mega Millions jackpot is not the only big jackpot up for grabs this week. Wednesday’s Powerball jackpot is worth an estimated $345 million. The estimated cash value is $199 million.
The top Mega Millions jackpots to date:
|$900 million (est)||10/19/2018||?|
|$656 million||3/30/2012||3-IL, KS, MD|
|$648 million||12/17/2013||2-CA, GA|
|$414 million||3/18/2014||2-FL, MD|
|$390 million||3/6/2007||2-GA, NJ|
The largest jackpots in U.S. history:
|2||$900 million||10/19/18||Mega Millions|
|3||$758.7 million||8/23/17||Power Ball|
|4||$656 million||3/30/12||Mega Millions|
|5||$648 million||12/17/13||Mega Millions|
|10||$543 million||7/24/18||Mega Millions|
The cash value of the jackpot for the Friday, October 19 drawing now is $513 million.
How to Play Mega Millions Online and Outside of the US ?
Provided below are the rules for how foreigners can play Mega Millions:
- Tickets for Mega Millions are for sale by lottery retailers in 43 US States, in the District of Colombia and in the U.S Virgin Islands.
- To obtain tickets outside of these jurisdictions, foreigners can use online lottery operators, to locally purchase an official lottery ticket on their behalf.
- All reputable retailers will require you to register and provide billing information before purchasing tickets on your behalf.
- Once the tickets have been bought, the online retailer will make scans of both the official ticket and the receipt.
- To avoid online scams be sure that the site you are using is legitimate. For a comparison of three online retailers already reviewed by InternationalLottery.org read here.
- After the draw, the winning numbers are published online. Retailers will generally only contact you if you have won.
- You can then choose to either have the winning ticket sent to you, or to authorize the retailer tocollect the winnings on your behalf.
- If you elect to do the latter, you will then be prompted to verify your identity for security and tax reasons.
- If you win a significant amount or even perhaps the jackpot, it is likely that you will have to personally claim your prize at the local Mega Millions office.
- At this time the agent may assist you in making the necessary legal arrangements to collect your prize.
Can Foreigners Win Mega Millions?
- Yes, foreign citizens can legally win Mega Millions.
- The tax for a non-US citizen is a flat 30% of the winnings.
- Additional tax treaties may also apply depending on your citizenship.
Please read HOW TO PLAY US MEGA MILLIONS FROM OUTSIDE THE US to be introduced step by step and avoid risks when you buy lotto tickets online.
Do you know ?
You can just stay at home and buy world top lottery tickets (like PowerBall, MegaMillion, EuroMillions, Australia Saturday lotto,..) online easily and quickly from top lotto messenger services. Go to How to buy international lottery tickets for more information.