The excitement is building as the Mega Millions jackpot keeps rolling. The prize for next Tuesday’s drawing is an estimated $252 million (cash option: $148 million) after no ticket matched all six numbers on September 14. The jackpot has been growing since it was last won in California at $522 million on July 24.
The winning numbers for the Mega Millions draw on Friday, 14 September 2018, were:
23, 30, 40, 43, 66 Mega Ball: 13 Megaplier: 4x
There was, however, one Match 5 winner in Florida, bagging an amount of $1 million.
There were also 17 winners who all managed to guess four of the winning numbers and the mega ball, and therefore winning a decent amount of $10,000. Two of them managed to quadruple the winnings to $40,000.
As a result of not having had a jackpot winner on Friday, 14 September 2018, the next Mega Millions jackpot stands at an amount of $252 million.
The next Mega Millions draw will be on Tuesday, 18 September 2018.
How to Play Mega Millions Online and Outside of the US ?
Provided below are the rules for how foreigners can play Mega Millions:
- Tickets for Mega Millions are for sale by lottery retailers in 43 US States, in the District of Colombia and in the U.S Virgin Islands.
- To obtain tickets outside of these jurisdictions, foreigners can use online lottery operators, to locally purchase an official lottery ticket on their behalf.
- All reputable retailers will require you to register and provide billing information before purchasing tickets on your behalf.
- Once the tickets have been bought, the online retailer will make scans of both the official ticket and the receipt.
- To avoid online scams be sure that the site you are using is legitimate. For a comparison of three online retailers already reviewed by InternationalLottery.org read here.
- After the draw, the winning numbers are published online. Retailers will generally only contact you if you have won.
- You can then choose to either have the winning ticket sent to you, or to authorize the retailer tocollect the winnings on your behalf.
- If you elect to do the latter, you will then be prompted to verify your identity for security and tax reasons.
- If you win a significant amount or even perhaps the jackpot, it is likely that you will have to personally claim your prize at the local Mega Millions office.
- At this time the agent may assist you in making the necessary legal arrangements to collect your prize.
Can Foreigners Win Mega Millions?
- Yes, foreign citizens can legally win Mega Millions.
- The tax for a non-US citizen is a flat 30% of the winnings.
- Additional tax treaties may also apply depending on your citizenship.
Do you know ?
You can just stay at home and buy world top lottery tickets (like PowerBall, MegaMillion, EuroMillions, Australia Saturday lotto,..) online easily and quickly from top lotto messenger services. Go to How to buy international lottery tickets for more information.