The Powerball jackpot has crossed the $200 million threshold without a grand prize winner in Wednesday’s drawing. The jackpot for Saturday’s drawing will be $203 million ($120.8 million cash).
According to the Multi-State Lottery Association, the six Powerball lottery numbers were: 05 – 22 – 32 – 38 – 58, Powerball 26. Power Play 2x.
There were Match 2 winners of $1 million in California and Vermont, Nobody Match 5 with Power Play.
Do you have to be a U.S. citizen or resident to play Powerball?
You do not have to be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident to play Powerball®. Players from jurisdictions where Powerball tickets are not sold, either in the United States or outside the country, can purchase Powerball tickets from a retailer licensed or authorized by the selling jurisdiction, if they meet the legal age requirement in the jurisdiction of purchase. Federal and jurisdictional income taxes may apply to any claimed prize money.
How to Play Powerball Online and Outside of the US ?
Provided below are the rules for how foreigners can play Powerball:
- Tickets for Powerball are for sale by lottery retailers in 44 states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.
- To obtain tickets outside of these jurisdictions, foreigners can use online lottery operators, to locally purchase an official lottery ticket on their behalf.
- All reputable retailers will require you to register and provide billing information before purchasing tickets on your behalf.
- Once the tickets have been bought, the online retailer will make scans of both the official ticket and the receipt.
- To avoid online scams be sure that the site you are using is legitimate. For a comparison of three online retailers already reviewed by InternationalLottery.org read here.
- After the draw, the winning numbers are published online. Retailers will generally only contact you if you have won.
- You can then choose to either have the winning ticket sent to you, or to authorize the retailer tocollect the winnings on your behalf.
- If you elect to do the latter, you will then be prompted to verify your identity for security and tax reasons.
- If you win a significant amount or even perhaps the jackpot, it is likely that you will have to personally claim your prize at the local Powerball office.
- At this time the agent may assist you in making the necessary legal arrangements to collect your prize.
Can Foreigners Win Powerball?
- Yes, foreign citizens can legally win Powerball.
- The tax for a non-US citizen is a flat 30% of the winnings.
- Additional tax treaties may also apply depending on your citizenship.
Please read more at HOW TO PLAY US POWERBALL FROM OUTSIDE THE US to be introduced step by step and avoid risks when you buy lotto tickets online.
Do you know ?
You can just stay at home and buy world top lottery tickets (like PowerBall, MegaMillion, EuroMillions, Australia Saturday lotto,..) online easily and quickly from top lotto messenger services. Go to How to buy international lottery tickets for more information.