Mega Millions Jackpot hit $1.6 billion; Powerball climbs to $620 million
The Powerball and Mega Millions jackpots continue to soar after no winners in recent weeks, and the two combined are now worth over $2.2 billion.
The Powerball jackpot has soared to an estimated $620 million; $354.3 million cash value for the Wednesday, Oct. 24 drawing. This is the third largest Powerball jackpot in game history and the sixth largest jackpot in U.S. lottery history!
The Mega Millions jackpot has skyrocketed to $1.6 billion, the all-time largest lottery jackpot, after there were no winners in Friday night’s drawing. The estimated cash option is nearly $905 million for the Tuesday, Oct. 23 drawing.
The Mega Millions jackpot for Friday night’s drawing was $1 billion, the largest in the game’s history and the second largest in U.S. history.
Friday’s Mega Millions numbers were: 65-53-23-15-70 Megaball: 7
There were four second-place winners in New York State, who each won a million dollars. Another million-dollar ticket was sold in New Jersey.
The estimated cash option for a $1.6 billion jackpot — should a winner choose to take a one-time lump sum payment instead of annual payouts over 30 years — is about $905 million, according to Mega Millions officials.
Here’s how Mega Millions used to work: Players pick five numbers from 1 to 70 and a Mega number of 1 to 25. The odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 302,575,350.
How to Play Mega Millions and Powerball Online and Outside of the US ?
Provided below are the rules for how foreigners can play Mega Millions and Powerball:
- Tickets for Mega Millions and Powerball are for sale by lottery retailers in 43 US States, in the District of Colombia and in the U.S Virgin Islands.
- To obtain tickets outside of these jurisdictions, foreigners can use online lottery operators, to locally purchase an official lottery ticket on their behalf.
- All reputable retailers will require you to register and provide billing information before purchasing tickets on your behalf.
- Once the tickets have been bought, the online retailer will make scans of both the official ticket and the receipt.
- To avoid online scams be sure that the site you are using is legitimate. For a comparison of three online retailers already reviewed by InternationalLottery.org read here.
- After the draw, the winning numbers are published online. Retailers will generally only contact you if you have won.
- You can then choose to either have the winning ticket sent to you, or to authorize the retailer tocollect the winnings on your behalf.
- If you elect to do the latter, you will then be prompted to verify your identity for security and tax reasons.
- If you win a significant amount or even perhaps the jackpot, it is likely that you will have to personally claim your prize at the local Mega Millions and Powerball office.
- At this time the agent may assist you in making the necessary legal arrangements to collect your prize.
Can Foreigners Win Mega Millions and Powerball?
- Yes, foreign citizens can legally win Mega Millions and Powerball.
- The tax for a non-US citizen is a flat 30% of the winnings.
- Additional tax treaties may also apply depending on your citizenship.
Play Mega Millions From Outside The US Now
Please read HOW TO PLAY US MEGA MILLIONS FROM OUTSIDE THE US and HOW TO PLAY US POWERBALL FROM OUTSIDE THE US to be introduced step by step and avoid risks when you buy lotto tickets online.
Do you know ?
You can just stay at home and buy world top lottery tickets (like PowerBall, MegaMillion, EuroMillions, Australia Saturday lotto,..) online easily and quickly from top lotto messenger services. Go to How to buy international lottery tickets for more information.