Mega Millions jackpot rises to $1.6 billion, It’s Largest in U.S. lottery history
The Mega Millions jackpot has soared to $1.6 billion after no one matched all six numbers in Friday night’s drawing. That’s a record for the game – and the largest in U.S. lottery history.
The incredible jackpot comes after no ticket matched all six numbers drawn Friday night – the white balls 15, 23, 53, 65 and 70, plus the gold Mega Ball 7.
Fifteen tickets matche five numbers to win the game’s second prize. One of them, included the optional Megaplier and is worth $2 million. The other fourteen are $1 million tickets.
“It’s always a thrill to have both jackpots rolling, but there’s an extra spark now with Mega Millions reaching a new record,” said Gordon Medenica, Mega Millions Lead Director and Maryland Lottery and Gaming Director. “Everyone is talking about the jackpot and running out to buy tickets for tonight’s drawing.”
The jackpot has grown so big because the last Mega Millions winner was drawn on July 24, when a California office pool of 11 coworkers shared $543 million — the largest prize ever won on a single ticket in the game.
The top Mega Millions jackpots to date:
|$1.6 Billion (est)||10/23/2018||?|
|$656 million||3/30/2012||3-IL, KS, MD|
|$648 million||12/17/2013||2-CA, GA|
|$414 million||3/18/2014||2-FL, MD|
|$390 million||3/6/2007||2-GA, NJ|
The largest jackpots in U.S. history:
|1||$1.6 billion||10/23/2018||Mega Millions|
|3||$758.7 million||8/23/17||Power Ball|
|4||$656 million||3/30/12||Mega Millions|
|5||$648 million||12/17/13||Mega Millions|
|10||$543 million||7/24/18||Mega Millions|
The cash value of the jackpot for the Tuesday, October 23 drawing now is $904 million.
How to Play Mega Millions Online and Outside of the US ?
Provided below are the rules for how foreigners can play Mega Millions:
- Tickets for Mega Millions are for sale by lottery retailers in 43 US States, in the District of Colombia and in the U.S Virgin Islands.
- To obtain tickets outside of these jurisdictions, foreigners can use online lottery operators, to locally purchase an official lottery ticket on their behalf.
- All reputable retailers will require you to register and provide billing information before purchasing tickets on your behalf.
- Once the tickets have been bought, the online retailer will make scans of both the official ticket and the receipt.
- To avoid online scams be sure that the site you are using is legitimate. For a comparison of three online retailers already reviewed by InternationalLottery.org read here.
- After the draw, the winning numbers are published online. Retailers will generally only contact you if you have won.
- You can then choose to either have the winning ticket sent to you, or to authorize the retailer tocollect the winnings on your behalf.
- If you elect to do the latter, you will then be prompted to verify your identity for security and tax reasons.
- If you win a significant amount or even perhaps the jackpot, it is likely that you will have to personally claim your prize at the local Mega Millions office.
- At this time the agent may assist you in making the necessary legal arrangements to collect your prize.
Can Foreigners Win Mega Millions?
- Yes, foreign citizens can legally win Mega Millions.
- The tax for a non-US citizen is a flat 30% of the winnings.
- Additional tax treaties may also apply depending on your citizenship.
Please read HOW TO PLAY US MEGA MILLIONS FROM OUTSIDE THE US to be introduced step by step and avoid risks when you buy lotto tickets online.
Do you know ?
You can just stay at home and buy world top lottery tickets (like PowerBall, MegaMillion, EuroMillions, Australia Saturday lotto,..) online easily and quickly from top lotto messenger services. Go to How to buy international lottery tickets for more information.