There were no big winners from the Friday night drawing for the Mega Millions jackpot. The estimated jackpot for July 24 is $493 million ($296.0 million cash)! If won at that level, it would be the fifth largest jackpot in the 16-year history of the game.
The winning numbers for the July 20 drawing are the white balls 1, 14, 30, 44 and 62, plus the gold Mega Ball 1.
While no one took home the big prize, there were two $1 million ticket winners, in Illinois and Pennsylvania.
There were over 1.8 million winning tickets in Friday’s drawing at all levels, with 47 ticket winners of $10,000.
Tuesday night’s drawing will take place July 24 at 11 p.m. ET.
The jackpot was last won in Ohio on May 4, when the ABC XYZ Trust collected $142 million. Two other jackpots have been awarded this year – $451 million on January 5 (in Florida) and $533 million on March 30 (in New Jersey). The latter prize is the fourth largest in the history of Mega Millions.
On March 30, 2012, the record Mega Millions jackpot of $656 million was shared by winners in Illinois, Kansas and Maryland. Just behind that is a $648 pot won in California and Georgia on December 17, 2013. The third largest prize in the game’s history was won by an Indiana family on July 8, 2016, and that remains the largest jackpot won by a single ticket.
The top Mega Millions jackpots to date:
|$656 million||3/30/2012||3-IL, KS, MD|
|$648 million||12/17/2013||2-CA, GA|
|$414 million||3/18/2014||2-FL, MD|
|$390 million||3/6/2007||2-GA, NJ|
|$380 million||1/4/2011||2-ID, WA|
How to Play Mega Millions Online and Outside of the US ?
Provided below are the rules for how foreigners can play Mega Millions:
- Tickets for Mega Millions are for sale by lottery retailers in 43 US States, in the District of Colombia and in the U.S Virgin Islands.
- To obtain tickets outside of these jurisdictions, foreigners can use online lottery operators, to locally purchase an official lottery ticket on their behalf.
- All reputable retailers will require you to register and provide billing information before purchasing tickets on your behalf.
- Once the tickets have been bought, the online retailer will make scans of both the official ticket and the receipt.
- To avoid online scams be sure that the site you are using is legitimate. For a comparison of three online retailers already reviewed by InternationalLottery.org read here.
- After the draw, the winning numbers are published online. Retailers will generally only contact you if you have won.
- You can then choose to either have the winning ticket sent to you, or to authorize the retailer tocollect the winnings on your behalf.
- If you elect to do the latter, you will then be prompted to verify your identity for security and tax reasons.
- If you win a significant amount or even perhaps the jackpot, it is likely that you will have to personally claim your prize at the local Mega Millions office.
- At this time the agent may assist you in making the necessary legal arrangements to collect your prize.
Can Foreigners Win Mega Millions?
- Yes, foreign citizens can legally win Mega Millions.
- The tax for a non-US citizen is a flat 30% of the winnings.
- Additional tax treaties may also apply depending on your citizenship.
Please read HOW TO PLAY US MEGA MILLIONS FROM OUTSIDE THE US to be introduced step by step and avoid risks when you buy lotto tickets online.
Do you know ?
You can just stay at home and buy world top lottery tickets (like PowerBall, MegaMillion, EuroMillions, Australia Saturday lotto,..) online easily and quickly from top lotto messenger services. Go to How to buy international lottery tickets for more information.